Thursday, October 23, 2008

The ESV Study Bible - It's Finally Here

After months of waiting I finally received my new ESV Study Bible today. And since I have blogged about how I was looking forward to its release, I thought I would share this with my readers.

Here is the Bible as it came from CBD. Notice how they had it wrapped in plastic to protect it from the elements.



This next picture is the box that it came in. My only disappointment so far is that this not not the quality of a box that I would expect with a top of the line Bible (but I don't anticipate this getting much "box time" so I guess that's okay)



Out of the box and ready to go.




In case you wondered, this Bible is HUGE! This is probably not the Bible that you will want to carry with you everywhere you go, but this will find a permanent place on my desk in my stack of essential Bibles - The Bibles that I use everyday when I study.

This next picture is to give you an idea of just how big this Bible really is.



These are the Bibles that I use on a daily basis; from top to bottom they are:

  1. My ultrathin Holman Christian Standard Bible in bonded leather - I really do like this translation. I picked this up when I was looking for a replacement for my old NASB and I still read and refer to it regularly.
  2. My thinline, largeprint, updated New American Standard Bible in bonded leather - this one was also picked up as a possible replacement to number 3 below. I love the large print and this is my go-to Bible when I just want to sit and read.
  3. My NASB New Open Bible in genuine leather - This Bible was a gift from my mom and it was my main Bible for about 15 years. It is full of personal notes and it was time to be replaced (although I still use it regularly at home)
  4. This is my main Bible now. It is a wide margin ESV in genuine leather that I picked up right after Christmas last year. This is now my daily Bible and it has proven to be a great replacement for my old NASB. (and yes, it is now full of notes too)
  5. The ESV Study Bible in premuim calfskin leather (it smells great) - look at the size of that thing.
  6. Finally, my hardback NJKV MacArthur Study Bible. I would have gotten this in NASB, but when I bought mine the NASB wasn't yet available. This is really the only study Bible I have used for the past several years (I have never really used the study notes in my New Open Bible NASB) and I highly recommend this to anyone who is looking for a good all-around study Bible (although I would get it in NASB)
Okay, now I am going to go read. Talk to you soon. Print This Post

No comments: