Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thankful For The Gospel

Today is Thanksgiving here in America and there are many things that I am thankful for today. I am thankful for my wife, I am thankful for my son; I have bee so blessed in my life that I could literally spend all day here listing the various things that I am thankful for. 

But as a follower of Jesus Christ there is nothing that I am more thankful for than the Gospel, which the Apostle Paul summed up perfectly in just two verses in 1 Corinthians 15:

For I have delivered to you as of first importance what I received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, that He was buried, that He was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures,
1 Corinthians 15:3-4
That's it, that's the Gospel; Christ died for our sins, He was buried, and He rose again on the third day. If you are a follower of Jesus Christ it is my prayer that you will take a minute today to thank Him for what He has done for you. 

If you are not it is my prayer that you will consider the verses above and that you will bow before Him as your Lord and Savior; after all, He died for your sins.

Have a Happy Thanksgiving!
Print This Post

No comments: