Saturday, November 28, 2009

Thoughts On Logos Bible Software

This post will be a little different from what I normally do here, but hopefully some of you will find it helpful.

For the past several years I have been using Logos Bible Software for my personal study and lesson preparation. I really like the flexibility and ease of use this software provides, and I have found that by having my library in digital form instead of in printed books and by using the reports that are generated by Logos it really cuts down on the time that I would spend searching though book looking for what I need. 

I found that although the software could really save time in lesson preparation, but rarely ever have I used it as a time saving tool; what I find instead is that I am able to go much deeper into a passage in the time that I have available to me to study.


I have found Logos software to be an essential tool to by study and I have recommended it to many of my friends. 


Now, after several years of using this program and becoming very comfortable with how it works and what I need to do to get where I want to go Logos has decided to go and change everything; about three weeks ago they released version 4 of the software and it really has a different look and feel than version 3, the version  that I have been happily using.


After watching the demo (see below) of the new version on their website I decided about two weeks ago to go ahead and upgrade to the new version. There are a lot of great features in the new version, but some of the features that I used are not yet available in version 4. I have found, however, that some of the new features are just awesome and I don't know how I lived without them in version 3.


So, with all that said and despite the fact that there is a learning curve with the new version, if you are a Logos user I highly recommend that you upgrade to version 4. And when you do here are a few videos that I found that will help you with the transition from version 3 to version 4.

Here is the Demo of Version 4.




And here are some videos to help you make the transition from version 3 to 4.


Logos-3-vs-Logos-4 from Mark Barnes on Vimeo.



I hope that you found this information useful and hope that some of you will give Logos a try; I think that once you try it you will never want to go back to the way you used to study.
Print This Post

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Chris, I think you were looking for this logos 4 demo video. what you had was the logos 3...which is still pretty cool.

ref:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUVZGoEK_-A

Cheers!
Will from Work

Christopher said...

Thanks Will, I did put the wrong video in the post.