Friday, June 27, 2008

More On Substitutionary Atonement

A few weeks ago I wrote a post dealing with the doctrine of the Atonement, and in that post I argued that any view other than that of Substitutionary Atonement is contrary to what the Bible teaches. Over the past few days I have been listening to a series of sermons by Dr. Stephen Wellum, a professor at Southern Seminary here in Louisville, Kentucky. In this series Dr. Wellum approaches the Atonement from a scholarly viewpoint, and by using passages from both the Old and New Testaments he builds a systematic theology of the Atonement of Christ which shows that the Atonement was substitutionary and that Substitutionary Atonement is necessary for the forgiveness of sin.

If you want a deeper understanding of what really happened on the cross I highly recommend this series:



You can also read my original post here: The Heresy of Open Theism (Part 2 - The Atonement)
Print This Post

No comments: